Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A User Carlton North, Australia
Pie Warmer - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, 1939-1975 Reg. No: SH 921100
- Metal pie warmer, gas-fired. Used at the Old Lolly Shop, Calrton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Rectangular shaped metal pie warmer. Circular hole in top with crown shaped metal cover which acts as an air vent. Four metal slide in trays with brass semi-circular handles in centre front. Each numbered from 1 to 4. Centre right, small pouring funnel with hinged lid. Funnel used to fill chamber for heating water. Bottom right brass tap with wooden swivel handle attatched. Bottom left edge, small paper sticker attatched, torn along one edge. Sides and back of warmer plain.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||58.00 cm (Height), 50.00 cm (Width), 57.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||food drink preparation, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||tools & equipment|
|Inscriptions:||Lower left, paper sticker, blue print, "CONVERTED/ FOR USE WITH NATURAL"|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, 1939-1975|