Table - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1939 Reg. No: SH 921103
- Table used in the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, from circa 1939 to 1975.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Simple four legged wooden table with rectangular top, painted bright sky blue. Legs taper slightly outwards at base. Roughly nailed to top is sheet vinyl of black, grey, white and red in colour. Underside plain and undecorated.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||71.00 cm (Height), 53.50 cm (Width), 84.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||furniture, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||shop furnishings|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1939-1975|