Commercial Refrigerator Fascia - Warburton Franki, circa 1939 Reg. No: SH 921106
- Wooden and metal framed refrigerator fascia, with laminated countertop. Made by Warburton Franki, circa 1939, and used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, 1939-1975.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Wood and metal frame with cream painted metal sheet covers. Laminated countertop runs full lenth of structure. Item has been dismantled for storage purposes. Manufactures plate screwed to face sheet (.2). (1.) Wooden frame and laminex counter top; (.2) painted tin front;(.3) painted tin front;(.4) Painted tin strip;(.7-.8) Black painted tin edging;(.9-.16) lengths of undecorated tin edging. Reverse plain.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||109.00 cm (Height), 20.50 cm (Width), 278.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||food storage preservation, jewish communities, refrigeration equipment, religions judaism, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||display fittings|
|Inscriptions:||Pressed metal plate: WP/WARBURTON FRANKI LTD./ REFRIGERATION & ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS.|
|Manufacturer:||Warburton Frank Ltd., Australia, circa 1939|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, 1939-1975|