Chair & Step - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1939 Reg. No: SH 921104
- Wooden chair and step, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North. Probably made around the time the shop opened in 1939.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- 1. Wooden chair painted bright sky blue. Plain seat, Square back with decorative back rest insert. Legs plain with rungs attatched front and both sides. Underside plain. 2. Wooden step, painted bright sky blue. Rectangular in shape with two narrow rungs attatched either side.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||87.50 cm (Height), 40.00 cm (Width), 39.00 cm (Length)|
|Dimension Comment:||.2: 21.00 65.00 21.50|
|Tagged with:||furnishings, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1939-1975|