Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Used Richmond, Australia
Time Clock & Time Card Boards - IBM, circa 1960 Reg. No: SH 891043
- Time clock made by IBM, circa 1960 and 4 time card boards, each containing up to 50 time cards. Used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, for workers to punch in and out each day.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- .1 IBM Time clock made of metal for workers to clock on and off. .2, .3, .4, .5 Four identical wooden boards to hold time cards. Each board holds fifty cards. IBM stamped on the bottom of each board.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||36.00 cm (Height), 31.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||glovemaking, horology, leatherworking, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Horology Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Secondary Classification:||Time Clocks|
|Manufacturer:||IBM Australia Pty Ltd, Australia, circa 1960|
|Place & Date Used:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1960-1988|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Horology Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory