Buttons - Boxed, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 890844
- Box of initialed buttons. Used at Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, circa 1930s, in the production of handbags, wallets, etc..
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Square box covered in beige/tan marble patterned paper. Inside are thirty compartments holding gold and black initial buttons used for handbags, purses, wallets, etc.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||23 mm (Height), 195 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||leather products, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||components & trims|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Clothing & Textiles Collection