Search the collections
Stapling Machine - 'Rapid 75', circa 1975 Reg. No: SH 890830
- Alternative Name(s): Stapler
'Rapid 75' Stapling Machine, circa 1975. Used by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, where it was found upstairs in the handbag section.
Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Heavy duty hand operated stapling machine, no staples with it.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||21.00 cm (Height), 3.50 cm (Width), 23.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, working life, glovemaking, leatherworking|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Place & Date Used:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970s-1980s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection