Search the collections
Mitten - Grey Suede, circa 1940s-1960s Reg. No: SH 890857
- Suede mitten probably used for industrial purposes, circa 1940s-1960s. It was used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd where it was found in a large downstairs storeroom.
- Man's grey suede mitten with fleecy lining. Back of mitten is covered with metal studs.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||170 mm (Height), 130 mm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||trades, working life, glovemaking, leatherworking|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Place & Date Used:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1940s-1980s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection