Handbag - Green Raffia, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, 1970s Reg. No: SH 890952
- Green raffia ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1970s.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Large bag, gilt frame with beige leather handle. Body of bag is dark green and fawn woven raffia-like material. Lining beige cotton, with zippered pocket on one side.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||38.80 cm (Width), 40.00 cm (Length)|
|Dimension Comment:||7.0 cms Deep|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Inscriptions:||Label: MADE BY/SIMPSON'S GLOVES/P/L/VICTORIA.|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1970s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory