Mould - Kangaroo, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 890698
- Plaster mould of upright kangaroo with rising sun behind and leaves at feet. Used to press (imprint) shape into leather goods at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1930s-1950s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory