Search the collections
Sign - Gazelda Autumn Models, circa 1940 Reg. No: SH 890109
- Advertising Sign for Gazelda suede autumn products, circa 1940. It was used by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd where it was found in a small downstairs storeroom. Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Advertising sign. Has a drawing of four gazelles on right. Writing and description of products on left.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||28.00 cm (Height), 34.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, glovemaking, leatherworking|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Text: GAZELDA SUPER-SUEDE/The Aristocrat of Leather Clothing/Gazelda/Autumn Models.|
|Issued By:||Ford & Banks Ltd, Watford, England, Great Britain, circa 1940|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1940|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection