Sign - Repairs and Redressing, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1960 Reg. No: SH 890041
- Small red cardboard sign with black text, 'Expert Repairs and Redressing of Leather Jackets and Coats; Agents for Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd'.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||16.50 cm (Height), 19.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||glovemaking, leatherworking, trades|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Inscriptions:||Text: EXPERT REPAIRS/AND/REDRESSING/of/LEATHER JACKETS & COATS / Agents for SImpson's Gloves Pty Ltd / 488 - 496 VICTORIA STREET NORTH RICHMOND|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1960|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory