Search the collections
Similar items over time
Shade Card - Gazelda Ltd, Leather Samples, 1936 Reg. No: SH 890050
- Alternative name: Swatch Card, Colour Card.
Shade Card with small coloured leather samples, printed and issued by Gazelda Ltd., Watford, England, 1936. Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd., Melbourne were the sole agents for Gazelda in Australia. This document was found downstairs in the handbag showroom at Simpson's Gloves.
- Shade card featuring a hard cover with a mottled brown and black textured surface, the title and deer's-head motif embossed in gold on the front cover. The four pages inside are of thick, off-white paper, each featuring eighteen rectangles of coloured leather, arranged in rows, with their shade names printed underneath in grey ink. A statement about the leather company is printed in grey on each left page. The Simpson's Gloves manufacturer's stamp is printed in black ink on the inside front and back covers. A single piece of brown leather is inserted in the front page.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||24.00 cm (Height), 17.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, glovemaking, leatherworking|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||colour cards & guides|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Gazelda/SHADE CARD/1936.|
|Issued By:||Ford & Banks Ltd, Watford, Australia, 1936|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1936|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection