Press Studs - Boxed, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 890890
- Box of press studs or snap fasteners, used at Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, circa 1930s.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Box containing twenty compartments filled with various types of press studs. The press studs have been made in various places, eg. France, England.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||23.50 cm (Height), 39.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||glovemaking, leatherworking, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Lid of box has label which reads "approximately 10 gross of varied coloured buttons all complete".|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Clothing & Textiles Collection