Search the collections
Similar items over time
Sign - Any Initial Free, 1930s Reg. No: SH 890859
- Sign in the shape of an arrow with the wording 'Any Initial Free' used at Simpson's Gloves, 1930s. It was found in a large downstairs storeroom. It was used with Devon Leathercraft's initial buttons.
Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Desk sign shaped as an arrow in black and orange.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||24.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, glovemaking, leatherworking, advertising, commerce|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Inscriptions:||On Sign in white: 'ANY Initial FREE'|
|Place & Date Used:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1930s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection