Search the collections
Packets - MacRobertson's Snack Chocolate, circa 1950 Reg. No: SH 921177
- MacRobertson's Snack Chocolate packets, circa 1950. Displayed at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Three identical paper and card packets square in shape. Each is decorated with multi-coloured horizontal stripes and motifs. A purple circle u.l. corner containing product name and manufacturer. Reverse yellow in colour with extensive text including product information and other varieties of chocolate.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||10.00 cm (Height), 2.00 cm (Width), 9.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||confectioneries, food technology, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Tertiary Classification:||product packaging|
|Inscriptions:||Text: CREAM CARAMEL/MacRobertson's/CHOCOLATE/Snack/FULL 1/4lb. BLOCK.|
|Manufacturer:||MacRobertson's Pty Ltd, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950|
|Place & Date Used:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1950-1975|