Stencils - Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, 1930s Reg. No: SH 891055
- Fifteen metal stencils of numbers used on parcels of products sent from Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, to indicate product sizes.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- .1 Fifteen metal stencils of numbers used on parcels sent from Simpson's. .2 Box in which stencils were found. Box originally held linen thread.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimension Comment:||Stencils - various sizes|
|Tagged with:||glovemaking, leatherworking, stencils, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Inscriptions:||Lid of box has printed label inscribed: 'Lindsay Thompson & Co Limited/Sewing Machine Linen Thread/Warranted All Pure Flax/The Linen Thread Mills, Belfast.'|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1930-1980|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Clothing & Textiles Collection