Search the collections
Wallet - Black Leather, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 890066
- Black leather wallet manufactured circa 1930s. It was found in a box in the small downstairs storeroom.
Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Black leather wallet, folded in half with pockets sewn to each narrow end.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||11.20 cm (Width), 17.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, working life, glovemaking, leatherworking, clothing accessories, wallets|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Inscriptions:||In gold lettering on left hand pocket:'ST. KILDA TOWN HALL MOTORS / OPEN DAY & NIGHT / Windsor 808 / 539'
Small paper sticker on inside, in pencil:'3573 / 6/- (six shillings)'
|Place & Date Used:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930s-1980s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection