Purse - Two-Tone Brown Leather, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 890981
- Small two-tone brown leather purse, light brown front and back, dark brown gusset. Made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, circa 1930s.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Back extends to flap which press studs onto front, and closes with press stud.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||4.00 cm (Height), 7.50 cm (Width), 11.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||glovemaking, leatherworking, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory