Pliers Reg. No: SH 891060
- Pliers used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Pair of pliers, spring loaded, with assorted attachments in the jaws, of unknown use. One attachment on jaws appears to be a cutting blade, another may hold fittings. Attachment on handle to keep jaws partially closed, if desired. Embossed around central pivoting screw.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||5.00 cm (Height), 11.00 cm (Width), 18.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||leatherworking, trades|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||hand tools|
|Inscriptions:||"OPEN INDUSTRY CO. LTD" on both sides.|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Clothing & Textiles Collection