Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Date Manufactured Richmond, Australia
Make-Up Purse - Blue Hyacinth, Snakeskin, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 890179
- Fitted purse containing mirror, rouge tin (with rouge and powder puff), lipstick and mascara, circa 1930s. "Blue Hyacinth" brand. Found in storeroom at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, but probably not made by Simpson's. More likely to have belonged to one of the employees.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Inside lined with brown satin fabric. Closes with zipp fastener. Strap across inside holding cosmetics, with three pockets, snakeskin. Outside covered in brown and white snakeskin.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||8.30 cm (Height), 3.20 cm (Width), 10.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||clothing accessories, trades, women s clothing accessories|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Date Manufactured:||circa 1930s|
|Place Used:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory