Search the collections
Syringe - Glass, circa 1860 Reg. No: SH 850177
- Glass syringe, circa 1860, used in the pharmacy of a psychiatric hopsital in Victoria.
- Glass syringe with straight tubular body and long fine nozzle, slightly waisted in centre. Plunger is straight tube, sealed at both ends, with wider, button-shaped hand-hold on top, above crooked ridge. Below that is rubber washer. Side of syringe is marked in red paint - 10 to 50. Glass is frosted.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Office of Psychiatric Services
|Dimensions:||22.50 cm (Height), 4.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||glassware, pharmacy equipment, psychiatric hospitals, making history - psych services|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Pharmacy|
|Place & Date Used:||Victoria, Australia, circa 1860|