Similar items over time
Heel Protectors - Motorists, Buckled, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, circa 1930 Reg. No: SH 940715
- Motorist's leather heel protectors, with buckles, in box. Made by Simpson's Gloves Factory, Richmond, Victoria, Richmond, circa 1930.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Two leather heel protectors in box with printed label.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1994
|Tagged with:||leather products, motor cars, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||CLOTHING & PERSONAL ACCESSORIES|
|Secondary Classification:||Male & Female|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory