Search the collections
Butter Pats - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1940 Reg. No: SH 921125
- Butter pats used to serve bulk butter in the Old Lolly Shop, during the 1940s.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- .1 and .2 flat wooden butter pat or paddle. Grooves cut on inside, smooth surface with no decorations on the other. Short handle on each.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||23.00 cm (Height), 0.70 cm (Width), 8.80 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||commerce, food drink preparation, jewish communities, religions judaism, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, 1940-1950|