Search the collections
This item is on display at Melbourne Museum
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Used Richmond, Australia
Coin Purse - Silver Fabric, circa 1930-1939 Reg. No: SH 890176
- Small coin purse of silver fabric, made circa 1930-1939. Found in small downstairs storeroom at Simpson's Glove Factory, Richmond, 1989. This purse is a poignant reminder of a time when every penny counted.
- Small purse made from silver fabric, lined with pale tan suede. Gold frame with square knob catch. Gold piping along seams on outside.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||6.00 cm (Height), 9.00 cm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||clothing accessories, great depression 1929-1939, trades, women s clothing accessories|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|On Display at:||Melbourne Museum|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Place & Date Used:||Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1930-1939|