Search the collections
Handbag Trims - Carded, Hahlo, 1930s Reg. No: SH 890789
- Card of 10 metal handbag trims on a card. Imported from Max D. Hahlo, Hamburg, 1930s.
Used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1930s.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Card holding ten embossed metal cylinders 5.5 cms long. Designs are floral and geometric. Each design has a number written below.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||25.00 cm (Height), 14.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||leatherworking, trades, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||components & trims|
|Distributor:||Max Hahlo, Hamburg, Germany, 1930s|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1936-1940|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory