Handbag - Saba Lizard, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, 1958-1968 Reg. No: SH 890781
- Saba Lizard ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1958-1968.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- .1 (a) Natural snakeskin/lizard box style handbag with gilt clasp and two straps/handles. (b) Snakeskin backed mirror attached to blue poplin moire lining. (c) Blue poplin moire change purse attached to bag by gilt chain. Label attached to bag. No internal label. .2 Box .3 Box lid
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||23.00 cm (Width), 24.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||commerce, glovemaking, leatherworking, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1958-1968|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory