Sign - Billy Bunter Pies, circa 1960 Reg. No: SH 921164
- Metal shop advertising sign with legs, for Billy Bunter Pies, circa 1960, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Metal sign with legs, rectangular in shape. Portrait in design. Ground colour white with photographic image of plump freckled faced boy and pie in foreground. Yellow band across top with text. Text also appears along left hand side of sign. Reverse plain metal gold in colour. Sign attached to grey metal support frame.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||76.50 cm (Height), 30.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||advertising signs, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, pies|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Black, red and yellow print: Billy Bunter/Pies/ Old/Style/Butter/Pastry.|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1960-1975|