Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Place & Date Used Melbourne, Australia
Plaque - The Observatory Mental Health Clinic, 1954 Reg. No: SH 850084
- Commemorates opening of extension to Observatory Clinic, which was the first mental health clinic opened by the Victorian Government, 1954
- Commemorative plaque recording the opening of an extention to the Observatory Mental Health Clinic by the Minister for Health, W.P.Barry on 28th October, 1954. Etched on oblong metal plate, which is screwed to white painted board.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Dr Graham Roseby - Office of Psychiatric Services
|Dimensions:||2.30 cm (Height), 2.00 cm (Width), 46.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||hospitals, mental health, mental health institutions, psychiatric services|
|Themes this item is part of:||Psychiatric Services Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Mental Health - Clinical|
|Inscriptions:||Text: THIS TABLET COMMEMORATES/THE OPENING OF THIS EXTENSION TO THE OBSERVATORY CLINIC/BY/THE HOUOURABLE W.P. BARRY, M.L.A./MINISTER OF HEALTH/ ON 28TH OCTOBER 1954.|
|Place & Date Used:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1954|
|References:||Note from the Elizabeth Street Clinic, attached to exhibit. Card with exhibit. Oral history, Dr E.C.Dax, 27 April 1992|