Collection Plate - Adolph Bruhn & Son, Wood, circa 1970-1975 Reg. No: SH 912655
- Wooden church collection plate, made by Adolph Bruhn & Son, South Melbourne, circa 1970-1975.
The woodturning business of Adolph Bruhn & Son operated in South Melbourne, 1970-1990, and previously in Little Collins Street, Melbourne, circa 1897-1970. The business made a wide range of wooden products, including tables and architectural mouldings, and undertook specialist turning tasks. Part of a collection of nearly 900 items, including a lathe, cutting tools, hand tools, products, workshop fittings, office equipment, portraits, and an accounts ledger.
- Collection plate made from varnished, golden brown-coloured wood with a pro- nounced, swirly, dark brown grain. Plate is bowl-shaped with a flared rim which is elaborately grooved on the exposed side of the plate. Two circular pieces of felt are affixed on shallow circular depressions in the centre of the base and underside of the plate.
Found in Area A of the workshop.
|Dimensions:||5.00 cm (Height), 26.00 cm (Width)|
|Tagged with:||german communities, german immigration, handcrafts, religions, trades, woodturning industry, woodworking|
|Themes this item is part of:||Bruhn Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Maker:||Adolph Bruhn & Son, South Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1970-1975|