Dispenser Rack - Vincent's Powders, circa 1965 Reg. No: SH 921116
- Vincent's Powders dispaneser rack, circa 1965. Used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Silver metal dispenser rack, vertical one row holder, soldered to three narrow metal plates at base, centre and top. Each horizontal metal plate has three holes punched in it for attaching rack to wall or other surface. Wrapped around rack near centre is a wide red-coloured metal band with white ink printed type. A cardboard sign has been placed inside the rack, which is L shaped as it appears one vertical length has been cut or torn off. Cardboard sign has expansive text printed on it - yellow, cream, blue, white and red in colour. Vincent's powders logos throughout.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||52.00 cm (Height), 4.50 cm (Width), 17.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||healthcare medicine, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Medicine in Society Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Printed on centre metal bank, white ink: Take/Vincent's/FOR/ HEADACHE & ALL PAIN. Cardboard insert has extensive text printed on it and bears the Vincent's logo on both sides throughout.|
|Place & Date Made:||Australia, circa 1968|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1965-1975|