Jar & Stopper - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North Reg. No: SH 921142
- Glass jar and stopper, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Calrton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Glass jar with square base, tapered body; horizontal cross-section square with rounded corners. Surface has a slightly stippled finish. Stopper is circular in horizontal cross-section, with vertical ribs around the circumference, and open at the bottom.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||24.00 cm (Height), 9.30 cm (Width), 9.40 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||commerce, food containers, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Inscribed symbol and style number on base: R [Illegible.] N [Illegible.] 79505 [circular]/R [Illegible.] 79505/79505 [faint]/[hammer].|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, pre 1975|