Search the collections
Similar items over time
Jar & Lid - Fletcher's Sweet Mustard Pickle Reg. No: SH 921138
- Glass jar with lid, originally containing Fletcher's Sweet Mustard Pickle. Used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, circa 1970.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Cylindrical glass jar with metallic screw-on top. Jar is colourless and trans- parent with a band of uneven texture 4 cm. wide around base, and bearing an adhesive label in green, yellow, red and white. Lid is blue and gold, indented in the centre and has a raised border just inside the circumference.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||14.30 cm (Height), 12.80 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||commerce, food containers, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Inscribed manufacturer's marks on base of jar near circumference, raised: c/M 4/F1228. Near centre, inverted: 2/45. Printed adhesive label of original contents on side of jar: Fletchers/FFF/SWEET MUSTARD PICKLE/ARTIFICIALLY COLOURED/FLETCHERS/FAMOUS FOODS/FLETCHER FOODS PTY. LTD./MELBOURNE/AUSTRALIA.|
|Manufacturer:||Fletcher Foods Pty Ltd, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, 1965-1975|