Jar & Stopper - Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North Reg. No: SH 921140
- Glass jar and stopper, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Calrton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Jar and stopper, colourless and transparent glass. Jar has wide, stepped base and narrow, cylindrical body with two raised rings around circumference. Stopper is octagonal in cross-section, with thumb-grip, probably not the original stopper for this bottle.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||29.50 cm (Height), 12.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||commerce, food containers, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Inscribed logo and register number on top of stopper: VEN-YOSR/R.N.62100. Logo on two sides of stopper: VEN-YOSR [verti- cally].|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, pre 1975|