Jar - Old Lolly Shop, Calrton North Reg. No: SH 921146
- Glass jar used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Glass jar, transparent and colourless, with wide-stepped base and narrow, cylindrical body with two raised rings around body.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||26.30 cm (Height), 12.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||commerce, food containers, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North, Victoria, Australia, 1939-1975|