Search the collections
Lolly Jar - MacRobertson Reg. No: SH 921109
- Lolly jar for MacRobertson sweets, circa 1960-75, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- .1 Lolly Jar. Tall, clear glass hexagonal-shaped lolly jar. Maker's logo, jar size moulded on one side. Flat base, wide shoulders. .2 Lid. Metal lid with paper liner, brown in colour on inside. Lid screws on to jar. Maker's logo and instructions printed on top, though difficult to read as lid is soiled and corroded. Lid is gold, red, green and black.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||24.00 cm (Height), 13.00 cm (Width), 13.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||.1: Moulded on one side: MacRobertson/SIZE No 3/BOTTLE/DESIGN /REGD/NO 3937/MELBOURNE/AUSTRALIA. .2 Printed on top: MacROBERTSON/ MELBOURNE/AUSTRALIA [Illegible.].|
|Manufactured For:||MacRobertson Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1950-1965|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, circa 1960-1975|