Similar items over time
Dispenser - Cherry Ripe, circa 1960 Reg. No: SH 921128
- Cherry Ripe chocolate bar dispenser, circa 1960. Used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.
The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.
- Wedge-shaped, moulded plastic dispenser. Base and exterior bright orange in colour. Interior cream-coloured plastic. Orange and white paper label adhered to front. Printed in white, gold and orange type. Dispenser made from two pieces of moulded plastic which have been glued together. Four small moulded circular feet on base.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Mr Alan Cohen, 1992
- Donated in memory of Elizabeth and Henry Cohen.
|Dimensions:||12.50 cm (Height), 21.00 cm (Width), 19.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||confectioneries, jewish communities, religions judaism, retailing, shops, working life|
|Themes this item is part of:||Old Lolly Shop Collection, Cultural Diversity Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||COMMERCE & RETAILING|
|Secondary Classification:||Milk Bars|
|Inscriptions:||Printed paper label: RIPE CHERRIES, MILKY COCONUT IN/Cherry Ripe/NEW BIG SIZE ONLY 1/-. EACH.|
|Place & Date Made:||Australia, circa 1960|
|User:||The Old Lolly Shop, Carlton, Victoria, Australia, 1960-1975|