Handbag - Navy Blue Suede, Simpson's Gloves, Richmond, Victoria, 1951 Reg. No: SH 891000
- Navy blue suede ladies' handbag, made by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1951.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Navy blue suede bag with metal frame mostly encased in navy leather. Handle of suede and navy moire lining. Inside lined with navy moire, pocket in lining on either side, one containing mirror with bevelled edges, other small coin purse in navy suede.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||37.50 cm (Width), 31.00 cm (Length)|
|Themes this item is part of:||Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||sample products|
|Inscriptions:||Simpson's tag attached to handle: "(logo) / Sample 7623 (crossed out) / Frame No 7621 / Description Navy Suede / Price NU/M ". On reverse "1951/ 999 / C NT/M".|
|Manufacturer:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, 1951|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory