Search the collections
Catalogue - Devon Leathercrafts, circa 1933 Reg. No: SH 891117
- Catalogue of Devon Leathercrafts products, issued circa 1933. Used by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, circa 1933. It was found in the small downstairs storeroom at the factory.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Catalogue with brown cover with logo in red and white in top right corner. Inside of catalogue has extensive printed text and images of products in black and white.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Tagged with:||trades, glovemaking, leatherworking, advertising, commerce|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||product catalogues|
|Inscriptions:||On cover: 'Devon / Leathercrafts'|
|Issued By:||Devon Leathercrafts, Newton Abbot, Devon, England, Great Britain, 1933|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1933|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection