Search the collections
Catalogue - Gazelda Super Suede Models, circa 1930s Reg. No: SH 890114
- Alternative Name(s): Booklet
Catalogue for Gazelda Super Suede Models, circa 1930s. It was used by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, who were importers of Gazelda products. It was found in small downstairs storeroom.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Small booklet illustrating coats and suits made by Gazelda.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||24.00 cm (Height), 18.50 cm (Width), 18.50 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, glovemaking, leatherworking, advertising, commerce|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||product catalogues|
|Place & Date Used:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1930s|
|Issued By:||Ford & Banks Ltd, Watford, England, Great Britain, circa 1930s|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection