Search the collections
Similar items over time
Booklet - Handbag Designs, Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd, circa 1970 Reg. No: SH 890059
- Booklet of Handbag designs by Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd., circa 1970. It was found near the handbag showroom. Leather handbags were introduced as a new production line in 1930, they eventually became the largest part of the business.
Simpson's Gloves initially manufactured leather jackets, coats and gloves of a high quality, particularly for an up-market local clientele in Victoria and interstate. Later the company also manufactured handbags, wallets, purses, sporting accessories, industrial gloves, caps and helmets.
- 12 photocopied pages of handbag drawings. The design of six handbags are depicted on each side of 12 sheets of paper. Each sheet is divided into six compartments by a ruled line. With each handbag design is its name and identification number: in the upper left corner. The length and width measurements of each handbag is in the lower left corner. The 13 pages of drawings are stapled together.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||25.50 cm (Height), 0.20 cm (Width), 20.40 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, glovemaking, leatherworking, clothing accessories, handbags|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||product catalogues|
|Creator:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970|
|Place & Date Used:||Richmond North, Victoria, Australia, circa 1970|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection