Search the collections
Fabric Samples - Strand Distributors Pty Ltd, 1964 Reg. No: SH 890644
- Alternative Name(s): Swatches
Fabric Samples from Strand Distributors Pty Ltd dated 18 September 1964. Used by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, it was found in the small storeroom downstairs.
Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
- Four samples of lining fabric in white, navy, black, and chocolate stapled to a piece of letterhead with a typed message.
- Acquisition Information:
- Tax Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||7.00 cm (Height), 21.00 cm (Width), 0.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||trades, working life, glovemaking, leatherworking, fabrics, clothing trade|
|Themes this item is part of:||Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953), Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988, Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory, Simpson's Gloves Collection, Clothing & Textiles Collection, Working Life & Trades Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MANUFACTURING & INDUSTRY|
|Secondary Classification:||Clothing Accessories|
|Tertiary Classification:||materials samples|
|Inscriptions:||On paper: 'STRAND DISTRIBUTORS PTY LTD'|
|Issued By:||Strand Distributors Pty Ltd, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 18 Sep 1964|
|User:||Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, circa 1964|
This item is part of the following themes:
- Amos Griffiths Simpson, Glove Manufacturer (1878-1953)
- Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, 1924-1988
- Production Processes at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Working Life at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Workers at Simpson's Gloves Factory
- Simpson's Gloves Collection
- Clothing & Textiles Collection
- Working Life & Trades Collection