Search the collections
Where is it from?
- A Manufacturer Fitzroy North, Australia
Similar items over time
Badge - Down With Fascism, Australia, May Day 1942 Reg. No: SH 920237
- Badge, also known as a button, made by A.W. Patrick circa 1942. Inscribed with the slogan 'Down with Fascism' and dated May Day 1942, this badge was created as a protest against the fascist governments of Germany and Italy, Australia's enemies during World War II.
- Circular red button with white text around the top edge and horizontally through the centre. There is a small line at the bottom with small circles at either end and one large circle at the centre to finish design.
- Acquisition Information:
- Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Andrew Reeves, 1991
- Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
|Dimensions:||22 mm (Diameter)|
|Dimension Comment:||Re-measured 2.10.08|
|Tagged with:||fascism, societies, trade unions, wars conflicts, world war ii 1939-1945|
|Themes this item is part of:||Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||POLITICS & PUBLIC PROTEST|
|Inscriptions:||Front: DOWN WITH FASCISM/ MAY DAY/ 1942
Reverse: A.W. PATRICK. N. FITZROY. V.
|Manufacturer:||A.W. Patrick, Fitzroy North, Victoria, Australia, 1942|
|Place & Date Made:||Australia, 1942|