Search the collections
Badge - Victorian Blind Institute Cricket Club, circa 1920s-1960s Reg. No: SH 931111
- Alternative Name(s): Button
Badge for the Victorian Blind Institute Cricket Club, circa 1920s-1960s. Blind cricket was invented in Melbourne in 1922. In 1928 a cricket ground and clubhouse was developed at Kooyong, Melbourne.
- Metal stick-pin badge used by the Victorian Blind Institute Cricket Club. Red plated metal badge face is bordered in gold, with a central image of two crossed cricket bats in front of a set of wickets and two dots, perhaps representing cricket balls. A pointed metal pin is used to place the badge into an article of clothing.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind (RVIB), 1993
|Dimensions:||5.00 cm (Height), 1.70 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||recreation, sport, cricket, disability organisations, visual impairment|
|Themes this item is part of:||Leisure Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Health Organisations|
|Inscriptions:||On badge: 'Victorian Blind Institute/ Cricket/ Club'|
|Organisation Named:||Victorian Blind Institute Cricket Club, Prahran, Victoria, Australia, circa 1920s-1960s|