Search the collections
Badge - Blind Institute Royals Cricket Club, Member, Stokes & Son, circa 1920s-1950s Reg. No: SH 931110
- Alternative Name(s): Button
Membership Badge for the Blind Institute Royals Cricket Club manufactured by Stokes & Son, circa 1920s-1950s. Blind cricket was invented in Melbourne in 1922. In 1928 a cricket ground and clubhouse was developed at Kooyong, Melbourne.
- Membership badge for the Blind Institute Royals Cricket Club. Badge of plated metal has a blue border, with a golden centre showing two crossed cricket bats above a set of wickets. The word "Member" is written in gold lettering on a white background at the base of the badge. The badge has a clip fastener on the back.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind (RVIB), 1993
|Dimensions:||2.50 cm (Height), 2.00 cm (Length)|
|Tagged with:||recreation, sport, cricket, disability organisations, visual impairment|
|Themes this item is part of:||Stokes & Son, Medal Makers, Melbourne, Victoria & Sydney, New South Wales, Leisure Collection, Medical Ephemera Collection, Public Life & Institutions Collection|
|Primary Classification:||MEDICINE & HEALTH|
|Secondary Classification:||Health Organisations|
|Inscriptions:||Text: Blind Institute Royals Cricket Club/Member. Reverse: Stokes & Son/Melb.|
|Manufacturer:||Stokes & Sons, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, circa 1920s-1950s
Stokes & Son became Stokes (Australasia) Pty Ltd in 1962
|Organisation Named:||Victorian Blind Institute Cricket Club, Prahran, Victoria, Australia, circa 1920s-1960s|