Search the collections
Pantsuit - Prue Acton, Beige Twill, 1966 Reg. No: SH 942006
- This suit was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1966. According to the donor it is a very early pantsuit which co-ordinated with a skirt (not in collection). It was featured in 'Go Set' magazine on 'Prue's Page', 2nd Febuary, 1966.
Prue Acton was photographed by Helmut Newton and Henry Talbot in this suit and a black version. The Museum holds copies of both these images.
- The suit consists of a twill jacket and pants.
(1) Jacket is long-line tailored double-breasted with vent at the back. The short belt is buttoned to the back. The collar has sculptured revers. The front jacket features two false pockets and two rows of beige plastic buttons at fastening. The jacket is lined in beige polyester.
(2) Straight legged hipster style pants with zippered front opening. Unlined.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||Jackets 68 cms in length. Pants 87 cms in length|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Label inside back collar of jacket, and inside back waist of pants: Prue Acton/ AUSTRALIA
Label inside back neck of jacket: 34/ 30807
Label inside left side at waist of skirt: 34
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1966|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1966|
|User:||Ms Prue Acton, 1966 or later|