Search the collections
Bikini - Prue Acton, Grey Ric-Rak, 1970 Reg. No: SH 942041
- This bikini was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1970. It was photographed being worn by a model in the Sun newspaper on the 26th August, 1970.
- This outfit consists of a cotton top and pants.
(1) Bikini bra top in grey cotton with appliqued 'rik-rak' braid in black, red, white and brown, fastened with halterneck straps and back ties. The bra is lined with white polyester fabric.
(2) Bikini pant matches top (as above)
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||55.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, swimwear, women s clothing|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Label inside back collar and inside back waistband: Prue Acton/ AUSTRALIA
Label sewn into back of pant: 34
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1970|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1970|
|Place & Date Used:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Aug 1970|