Dress & Belt - Prue Acton, `Big Dress', Brown Cotton, 1980-1981 Reg. No: SH 942033
- This dress was designedand manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1980-1981, made of a Richard Allen poplin fabric. According to the donor, it was referred to as "Big Dress" in a Mode magazine editorial in 1981. The original retail cost was $199.
- This outfit consist of a cotton dress and self covered belt:
(1) Off-the-shoulder style midi-length brown cotton dress. The elasticised neckline has a wide ruffle edged in black. The skirt falls from the neckline and features two horizontal black patches and a black band at the hemline. The basic design is the same as for the blue patch dress SH 942032
(2) Reversible cotton belt/sash in brown and black.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||125.00 cm (Height)|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Label inside back collar: Prue Acton/ AUSTRALIA
Labels sewn into CB neckline: 1, 12, 15, 19
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), 1980-1981|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1980-1981|