Search the collections
Dress & Coat - Prue Acton, Mini, Blue Vinyl, 1965 Reg. No: SH 942401
- This dress and coat set was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1965.
It was originally worn by the donor, and was specially made for her to wear to New York. The faux fur was added for warmth inthe U.S. winter. The fabric is Austrian by Bobby Schlapper.
- Two piece outfit consisting of a vinyl coat and mini dress:
(1) Pale blue vinyl mini dress appliqued with white cotton daisies. The bodice is fitted at the waist. The sleeves are short and a Peter Pan collar is attached to the neckline. Two small patch pockets are attached to front of skirt. The garment is fastened at the back from neck to lower back with zipper. The lining is white polyester.
(2) Pale blue collarless fitted vynil mini coat with appliqued white cotton daisies and buttoned at front with two side pockets. The coat is partially lined with white faux fur.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimensions:||83.00 cm (Height)|
|Dimension Comment:||.2: 85.00|
|Tagged with:||clothing, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, making history - prue acton, innovation design|
|Themes this item is part of:||Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- )|
|Inscriptions:||Label at back of neck: 34|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1965|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1965|
|User:||Prue Acton, New York, New York State, United States of America, 1965 or later|