Search the collections
Belt & Cord - Prue Acton, Black Leather, `Rich Hippy', 1971 Reg. No: SH 942149
- This belt was designed and manufactured in Melbourne by Prue Acton P/L in 1975. It was originally worn by the donor with the `Rich Hippy' suit in the Museum's collection (SH 942147.)
It was later worn by a model at the donor's 25th anniversary parade in 1988.
- A two piece belt and cord set:
(1) Wide black leather belt with 2 rows of metal eyelets at each end. Ends of belt curve outwards. Masking tape stuck inside belt.
(2) Black plaited cord to thread through eyelets on belt.
- Acquisition Information:
- Donation from Ms Prue Acton, 1994
|Dimension Comment:||.1 - L = 68 cm, .2 - L = 300 cm|
|Tagged with:||clothing accessories, fashion, fashion design, fashion industry, women s clothing accessories|
|Themes this item is part of:||Prue Acton, Fashion Designer (1943- ), Clothing & Textiles Collection, Domestic & Community Life Collection, Sustainable Futures Collection|
|Inscriptions:||Written in black marker on masking tape inside belt "817 / $6.50 $11.00"|
|Manufacturer:||Prue Acton Pty. Ltd. (and/or Contractors), Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971|
|Designer:||Ms Prue Acton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1971|
|User:||Prue Acton, Australia, 1971 or later|